Shoe trees DO extend the life span of your shoes! Shoe trees not only uphold the structural integrity and shape of your shoes, the cedar used to construct them keeps your shoes smelling and looking good by extracting moisture.
1) Use shoe trees to keep your shoes smelling and looking good.
2) Polish your shoes at least once a month.
3) Apply a water and stain repellent to your shoes before wearing them.
4) Re-sole your leather bottom shoes as needed. But don’t wait too long; too much wear can be irreparable!
5) Nubuck and suede leathers should be cleaned with a proper Nubuck and suede cleaning kit, which consists of a cleaning bar and brush. Do not apply shoe polish to Nubuck or suede, or you will ruin your shoes!
6) Clean oiled leathers with Saddle Soap or Oiled Leather Restorers.